This Has to Be Such a Difficult Task — But Our Brave Do It, And Ask For Nothing In ReturnG.D.
The United States Air Force’s F-22 Raptor is a beautiful piece of machinery. Like anything else, though, they get thirsty! The video shows a KC-135 refueling the F-22 in mid-flight. That must be an arduous task that relies heavily on teamwork and perfect timing. Not at all easy! Thank goodness we have such amazing troops that do it all so selflessly.
Here are some interesting facts about the F-22 Raptor you might not have known…
- The F-22 Raptor can move at supersonic airspeeds—Mach two class.
- The unit costs about $143 million.
- According to the U.S. Airforce, “The F-22 cannot be matched by any known or projected fighter aircraft.”
- The F-22 is more reliable and maintainable than any fighter airplane in history.
- The F-22 excels at stealth and is tough for enemies to track.
- The F-22 Raptor first became available in 2005. As of September 2015, it is the Air Force’s newest fighter plane.
Cool, right? Now watch as this bad boy is fueled up!